Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel

As Big Tom Callahan once said, "you're either growing or your dying, there ain't no third direction", and never has that message rung more true in my life than it does now as our family prepares for an approaching move and the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.

As always, Christine has been a fortress of support and encouragement. I have never known anyone so caring, loving, giving, and steadfast. She is an amazing mother to Faith and the perfect wife. It has been wonderful to watch her this year, as she has molded the Elon Dance Team more and more to her vision. She has changed the expectations for the whole program, both in how the administration views the role of the Dance Team, as well as the level of excellence the girls demand from themselves; and it shows.

In her free time, she has been teaching Faith hundreds of words and skills (check out the babysite to see all of the cool stuff our daughter does), and preparing our apartment for a monstrous move.

As for me, I've been busy finishing up school and trying to find a job for the time between now and when I start at BCG. Thanks to the grace of God, it seems as though I will be going back to Sageworks for that period, which is thrilling to Christine and me. It will allow me to work from home in Texas while the house comes together, and it ensures the Europe trip and finances can coexist, which is great.

I guess life isn't so bad after all :0

1 comment:

  1. can't believe you started a blog without telling me :) I'm very happy someone pointed it out :)

    ReplyDelete